Welcome to the homepage of DeustoTech Energy & Environment, one of the research units of DeustoTech - Deusto Institute of Technology at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto. Our research is focused on energy related workplans with a strong focus on energy efficiency and environmental protection.
DeustoTech Energy & Environment Unit is well aligned with the H2020 European strategy on energy and climate change, having as main objective the search for solutions based on ICT technologies that enable progress towards more efficient and sustainable cities and environments, always working together with companies or public administrations. Specifically, we work in two sectorial areas and three methodological lines. The two sectorial areas are:
- The circular economy and the sustainable use of the resources: we develop innovative activities for the optimizatoin of the value chain optimization in areas such as construction, food, or urban waste management, as well as the integral water cycle.
- Energy efficiency: we develop research and innovation projects for the integration of different energy sources, the monitoring and dynamic management of consumption, and the generation of tools to support the optimization, awareness and democratization of energy.
From a transversal point of view, we develop ICT tools for:
- Dynamic data management for prediction of behaviours, usage patterns, system responses, etc. Our developments include a wide range of methods such as artificial intelligence, development of optimization algorithms, automatic process control, artificial vision, etc.
- Development of decision support systems for the strategic planning of services and infrastructures. Some of the most relevant methodologies in this field include agent modelling, quantitative risk analysis, life cycle analysis, etc.
- Development of continuous visualization and interaction systems based on GIS techniques that support citizen participation, improve and automate daily maintenance and surveillance operations, and move towards digital processes favouring transparency and efficiency.